Rewards and Benefits
Our staff have access to a wide range of outstanding benefits that include financial rewards, family friendly and wellbeing benefits and career development opportunities.
Employment at the University of Strathclyde offers a number of financial awards.
- competitive salaries with increments awarded annually until the top guaranteed point is reached
- following this there are contribution points that can be achieved through evidenced exceptional performance
- holiday entitlement of 27 days (Grade 5 and below) or 31 days (Grade 6 and above)
- an additional entitlement to 11 public holidays
- membership of the Universities Superannuation Scheme which includes a generous employer contribution of 21.1%
- eligibility for removal and resettlement expenses where relocating from afar
Our online calculator offers an estimate of the total reward package for our staff categories.
We're committed to promoting and improving a healthy work-life balance for all employees. We offer a number of benefits to staff with families.
- generous maternity leave scheme that offers payments above the statutory minimum requirements for qualifying staff
- generous paternity leave scheme that offers payments above the statutory minimum requirements for qualifying staff
- adoption leave policy that offers payments above the statutory minimum requirements for qualifying staff
- options for flexible working
- parental leave for qualifying staff
- On-campus nursery, run by Childcare Scotland, is available for children from 3 months to pre-school. You will have peace of mind knowing that you are close at hand if required
As a ‘place of useful learning’ we value personal development and put great emphasis on the learning and development of all our staff. This includes:
- professional development support and a wide range of courses provided by our in-house training providers
- reduced or remitted fees on a number of vocational and non-vocational courses
- access to our library’s facilities and resources
Health & wellbeing
We place high importance on the safety, wellbeing and health of all our staff and offer a range of facilities and services to facilitate this.
- reduced rates of membership to the Strathclyde Sport
- access to a wide number of Health & Wellbeing events that take place regularly across the campus
- access to our Occupational Health Service and Employee Assistance Programme
- Cycle to Work Scheme operates as a salary sacrifice scheme allowing you to make savings on tax and national insurance contributions